Wednesday, February 27

Yes, I Work Too

Today I spent the day with Michel and Roberto testing Roberto's real-time data acquisition and analysis program. To test Roberto's program we headed to a place where we were sure to see large increases in sulfur dioxide. This beautiful place (that's sarcasm folks) is called Tula. Below is a picture of the power plant that we were measuring.
Here is Roberto and Michel preparing the instrument. By the way, Roberto is the man because his program worked really well. Michel and I were both very impressed.
To be honest, I can't believe that people are allowed to live as close as they do to the power plant we measured today. In addition to the power plant, there is also an oil refinery, several cement factories, and some mines. I have not seen any data supporting my hypothesis but I am almost 100% sure that the health of those living in Tula is effected by this industrial area. It was nasty . . . but its a good place for measurements.

No comments: