Monday, February 25

Another Bound to Happen

I was finally asked today, after almost 4 months, to not bring Endo to work with me. Apparently there is some old school biologist in a completely different part of the building who saw me with Endo and decided to write a letter to the director of El Centro de Ciencias de la Atmósfera saying that having dogs in the building presented a sanitary issue for the work that he conducts in his labs. I later found out from co-workers that this biologist is very old school and doesn't like foreigners nor women. I don't think his complaint about Endo, who never goes to the side of the building Mr. Old School works on, causing a sanitary issue was the real issue at hand. So now the question is whether I fight this battle or just leave Endo at home while I am at work? I am leaning towards the later at the moment.

The one good thing about leaving Endo home while I am at work is that I would then take the metro to work every day. I have been feeling extremely guilty about driving to work and the only reason I drive to work is so that Endo can come with me. The question that begs to be answered is whether I should feel more guilty about driving to work or more guilty about living my dog in an apartment for 6-8 hrs a day? I think Mr. Old School just solved my internal conflict.

On another note, I did my second mtn bike race of the season on Sunday. Once again I definitely enjoyed myself. I kind of dig the training once a week and racing with no goals program. The big guys were out for this race though as it was a national calendar race. I must say that these guys fly. Here is a picture just before my start. Don't worry, I didn't race with the men's Experta group, they started a few minutes in front of us.

No comments: