Friday, February 15

Super

The word "super" is used a lot here in Mexico. Super bien, super rico, super divertido, etc. Today I was at the gas station, which all have super full service, and the attendant asked me what type of dog Endo was by saying, "is he a super Cocker?" I had a good laugh. There are not very many Springer Spaniels here but there are a lot of Cocker Spaniels, hence the super Cocker.

These are cockers . . .
And this is a SUPER cocker . . .
Super full service means that if you ask, the gas attendants will check everything possible on your car while they fill your tank. Today I found out that if something is not working, they'll fix it on the spot. You pay the attendant a tip for their service. My coolant hoses were clogged so two attendants flushed the system right then and there this mroning. I tipped them 100 pesos ($10), which I think must have been a lot because they gave me a bunch of free candies. Unlike in the States, you watch everything the attendants are doing and they verify every step with you. I learned more about how a car works today than ever before in my life.

No comments: