Monday, November 12

My First Weekend Back

My nice new apartment in Mexico City is still not ready.
So I am currently staying in this very large house that my landlady also owns in the center of Coyoacan. It is rather large for just Endo and me but we are making the most of it. The nice thing about the house is my friends can drive to Coyoacan and securely park their cars here while we go out for drinks and dinner.
Endo and I ventured out on Sunday to the park El Desierto de los Leones. Despite its name, the park is actually a large forest above Mexico City. There are supposed to be incredible running and mountain biking trails throughout the park. I was either in the wrong place or too scared to venture too far away from where my car was parked to find such trails. Endo and I still got in a nice hour long run though.In El Desierto de los Leones there is a large monastery built about 400 years ago that is now open to the public. It is the main attraction of the park.

No comments: