Monday, November 19

La Revolucion

Thanks to the 100th anniversary of the Mexican Revolution, I had a 3 day weekend. Below are photos from my various adventures.
On Saturday I went with Lenny, another gringo, to go mountain biking at Las Llantas which is a park about 45 minutes outside the city. There is some nice single track and some great dirt roads for climbing that bring you to some beautiful alpine meadows.
The beautiful Mexico City is behind me, although you can barely see it through the very thick pollution layer. You don't realize how polluted the city is until you are above the pollution layer.
I took Endo with us and he kept up with us for 3 hours straight, even on the descents. It was impressive. During the ride Endo got covered in these small sticky balls that would not come out of his fur. I had to give him a bath, which he hates. I got all the sticky balls out and then left Endo to dry off while I went to a friend's house. When I got back my poor dog was shivering to death. I felt so badly. His body couldn't get warm after the 3 hours of running. He has now recovered and I learned that although Endo hates the blow dryer, next time I will use it.
On Sunday I went to el Centro Historico with Federico and Anna to El Antiguo Colegio de San Ildefonso. This is an extremely old high school with a rich history in Mexico that is now a museum. The exhibit currently on display is the photography of Rene Burri.
In addition to the exhibits, the walls and ceilings of the school are covered in murals painted in the early 1900's by Jose Clemente Orozco and Fernando Leal.
Today, I went to a park just outside of the city called Los Dinamos. I went with Wolfgang, Sarai, and Endo to do a little rock climbing.
It was Sarai's first time rock climbing and she did great!

No comments: