Friday, November 16

Back in the Swing of Things

It didn't take long for my life in Mexico to pick up right where I left it when I went to Colorado. I am back in the daily routine of waking up, going for a walk or run, going to work, finding a place to eat dinner, going to bed, and doing it all over again the next day. But if I take just a moment in my daily routine to remember where I am, I realize the history and beauty of Mexico City are an integral part of my daily life.
This church is called La Conchita, which means the little shell. It was constructed in 1521 by order of Cortes. Some believe that it is the oldest Christian building in the city. I pass by this church every morning on my walk/run and on my way to work.
The Jardin Frida Khalo is right across the street from La Conchita. The park is dedicated to Frida Khalo who lived much of her life in Coyoacan. There is a large statue of Frida but I find the statue of this naked woman in the center of the fountain much more beautiful. Something about it intrigues me and it is even more beautiful when the fountain is on.
And for those of you wondering about Endo, he is doing well. He gets to come with me to work everyday and gets a lot attention from everyone. Springer Spaniels are a rare breed here in Mexico so I get tons of questions from people in the streets about Endo. I guess my social networking will occur through Endo!

No comments: