Sunday, November 4

Getting Ready to Leave

Not all my time back in Colorado has been spent riding bikes and hanging out with friends. I have gone to work at NOAA a couple of times and I've also put in a lot of time and energy preparing for my move to Mexico City
The first part of the mission is to get together everything that I want to take with me to Mexico City. Despite what you may think, household items are expensive in Mexico. So I want to bring my pots, pans, utensils, blender, toaster, etc. as well as towels and bedding. In addition to my household items I want to bring the things that are most important to me; my art work , my cross bike, my mountain bike, and of course my dog Endo.
The second part of the mission is the tricky part, will my car be able to carry all my belongings? With the help of my mom, we did a test pack in the car and I think it is all going to fit! My departure date from Colorado will be either this Wednesday or Thursday.

1 comment:

Stuart Swineford said...

I am the car packing king if you need any help. Rach and I once put so much crap in my 4Runner it was scary.

I saw a bobcat on a ride near our place a few years back. He and I just stopped to check each other out from about 10 meters away then he loped off into the woods. Super cool. I have only seen evidence of the bigger cats but Luke actually hit one with his dad's car once up by your place! It wasn't injured, apparently.

Hope your trip back to Mexico goes smoothly. I liked your Bubble Yum outfit, by the way!

~stubert.