Sunday, September 23

A Wonderful Weekend

As you can tell from the picture, I was pretty excited to find a new place to go running.
This is El Bosque de Tlalpan, which has very nice trails through a forest. It is extremely safe to run here and it was nice to run in what felt like the middle of nowhere.
Until I kept hearing all this shouting and came upon Six Flags. There are always reminders that I am living in the city.
After my run I was walking to find a taxi and came upon the artisan furniture market. Not only is the furniture they make impressive but the buildings throughout the market are amazing and the pictures definitely don't do it justice.
I also went to explore the Saturday art market at San Angel, which is another neighborhood similar to Coyoacan in Mexico City. Some very good artists display and sell their artwork throughout the town's plaza. I stayed in San Angel for a while drinking cappuccinos at a cafe along the plaza. It was very relaxing.
I also decided that after staying up to 5am on Friday night (these Mexicans believe in partying ALL night long) that I would take it easy on Saturday night. Luckily for me, pirated movies cost about $2 apiece. So I grabbed a few movies and headed home. Don't tell the pirating cops!

Today I went for another long run, but at UNAM. On Sunday's, the UNAM campus is almost entirely closed to traffic, which means a lot of cyclist come out to ride. It made me miss my bike! I spent the rest of the day getting fruit and veggies from the local market and bread from the local bakery. It was a perfect weekend.

No comments: