Thursday, September 20

My Commute to UNAM

Everyday, I take the metro to work. Specifically, I take line 3 (there are 11 lines in total) and I get on at the Coyoacan stop and get off at the farthest stop in the south of the city, Universidad. It takes me probably 5 mins to walk to the Coyoacan stop, 10 mins on the metro, and another 5 mins or so to walk to my office. Not a bad a commute in my opinion.
The best part of the commute is how much the above ticket cost, 2 pesos. At ~11 pesos to the dollar, that is $0.18/ride!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear the metro can be a little dangerous in some places. During the MILAGRO campaign someone lost their wallet and passport while boarding the train. The doors closed and his wallet and passport stayed behind...

Are your stops pretty safe?

Megan said...

I actually only have 3 stops on my commute and they are between a nice neighborhood and the Univeristy. I wouldn't ride the metro late at night but from 6am-10pm it pretty safe where I am.