Sunday, September 30

Carrera Nocturna

Last night I ran the Carrera Nocturna 8km race at the UNAM campus with my friends Ivan and Carolina. About 3,000 people participated and the race was free if you are a current student or faculty member. The Alumni have to pay a $15 entry. Well, I didn't have any sort of identification or letter saying that I work at UNAM, but Carolina and Ivan pulled some strings and somehow I ended up with a fake CURP, which I needed to register. A CURP is more or less a social security number. I thought is was pretty funny but I was happy to be able to run in the race. Plus they gave everyone who ran a t-shirt and a medal. I feel special.
Oh yeah, the race finished in UNAM's Olympic stadium. I kind of felt like I was running the Bolder Boulder. It was fun to run into the stadium at night with the lights on. I don't have any pictures of the race because I didn't want to bring my camera so all you get is to see great pictures of the free t-shirt I got . . . and of course the medal too.

No comments: