Saturday, January 5

Too Much To Do, No Time To Blog

Between buying lots of stuff (hot cereal, dried currants, non-chemical containing all purpose cleaner, spices, etc. just the normal things that are hard to find in Mexico City) and then getting everything packed to return to Mexico, I just haven't had much time on my hands to blog. I also haven't had anything interesting to blog about either.

I got back to Mexico City on Thursday night. My very nice friends Ivan and Carolina where there to greet me, scared shitless Endo after flying, and my 3 bags. Since then, I've been doing household projects. Today, I spent the entire day installing a potable water system. Perhaps this might be interesting to some, so I thought I would blog about it.I have a major issue with buying bottled water, especially in the US where potable water is ubiquitous. It just doesn't make sense to use loads of petroleum to not only manufacture all the plastic bottles, but then to transport these bottles full of a free commodity for miles upon miles? Come on people, buy a reusable water bottle and fill it up at any of the many potable water taps in the US. Now here in Mexico it is a little more complicated, but I am hoping with my new water purification system I will not have to buy any bottled water when I am home in the city.

. . . First step though is getting the system to work correctly. I am not exactly there yet (Notice the bucket under the sink. Yup, I've got a leak). I may have to hire a plumber to clean up my work. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: