Thursday, January 31

Happenings

I officially have a mailbox at my house and I even received mail from my health insurance company. I am not sure how long it takes for mail to get to me from the US but if anyone ever wants to send me a letter the old fashion way, my address is
Megan Melamed
Bruselas 82 #2
del Carmen, Coyoacan
04100 D.F. México
México
As I was driving through the crazy streets of Mexico City a couple days ago, I heard a thumb, thumb, thumb, thumb from one of my tires. I immediately stopped and was happy to note that my tire was not flat but there was a huge bolt, with its washer still attached, in my tire. I drove home since there was no air escaping. In the morning I drove to the Vulcanizadora to have them fix my tire. Ten minutes and $3.50 later I was back on the road. Some things in Mexico City are very expensive; labor is not one of them.
Spring is in the air in Mexico City. The trees are budding their new bright green leaves and flowers are blooming. Everyday, Endo and I enjoy the nice spring weather at the UNAM campus (read this article from the NY Times about the campus). Behind Endo is the Centro de Ciencias de la Atmósfera, which is where I work. Endo gets to roam the campus and the building leash free. He has become very popular at the center and although people claim they come into my office to say hi to me everyday, I think they are really there to see Endo and are just being nice to me.

No comments: