Monday, October 1

Plaza Garibaldi

A few days after I arrived in Mexico, I met my friend Federico. I was looking for an apartment to rent and he was walking out of the complex. So I asked him about the apartments and we exchanged numbers. That night, I met up with Federico and a couple of his friends as well as Wolfgang (the other post-doc I work with at UNAM). After a couple of hours of drinking beer in Coyoacan we headed off to Plaza Garibaldi in the center of Mexico City. Luckily, there was someone at the plaza taking Polaroids so the night could be documented. As you can see, Plaza Garibaldi involves drinking LOTS of tequila and listening to mariachi bands play until the break of dawn. You basically pay individual mariachi bands to play your choice of songs and down shots of tequila in the process. It was definitely a fun night and I would like to go back to Plaza Garibaldi in the near future. The people in the picture from left to right are; Tony, Antonio, Federico, Me, and Wolfgang. Thanks to Antonio and Tony for getting me a copy of the pic to post on my blog because as Erin Huck would say, "It was a blog worthy night."

1 comment:

Stuart Swineford said...

What, no sombrero for Megs? C'mon!