Wednesday, December 31

One Word, BURRRRRRRR

On the 26th, my family and I headed to Winter Park to get in a day of skiing. Upon waking up, we debated long and hard whether or not to go at all since the forecast was calling for a high of 5˚ and some wind. We finally loaded up the car and drove to Winter Park where we decide that perhaps going out to breakfast was a better idea than skiing when the car thermometer said it was 1˚ out. After a very nice breakfast, The Melameds were on the verge of heading back home when we remembered who we are, The Tough Melameds. We bundled up and headed out for the day. The skiing was fun, the company was great, but it was freaking cold out Mr. Bigglesworth.
My brother and dad getting all bundled up.
My mom always has a smile even when its 3˚ out.
Me with my silver bullet helmet. It sure does keep my head warm.
Since we decided to ski, we were able to meet up with my cousins Molly Rose (not pictured because she was working at the Ski-Depot in Winter Park) and Theresa. The Melameds and Theresa went out for some yummy pizza at Hernando's pizza. Then we headed back to the front range. I am glad I got in one good day of skiing despite the cold temps.

1 comment:

evspence said...

Megs--Hope you had a great trip home! I'm going out to CO next week to get in my mountain fix....hope it won't be frigid. :) Have a safe trip back to MX!