Sunday, December 7

Thanksgiving, Birthday, and Christmas Party!!!!

Since most of my friends have never had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner here in Mexico City, I decided that I would cook one for them. Then I figured why not celebrate my birthday too. Oh and how I do love Christmas, why not celebrate that too? Thus came about the Thanksgiving, Birthday, and Christmas Party.
Last night 14 of sat down to a wonderful Thanksgiving meal of turkey, stuffing, yams, peas, salad, rolls, cranberry sauce, and 3 kinds of pie (apple/pear, pecan, and pumpkin) topped with whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream.
Then we decorated a Christmas tree while listening to the best Christmas album EVER, John Denver and The Muppets A Christmas Together.
With the tree decorated and Christmas music playing, it was time to exchange gifts, white elephant style though. There was a ton of laughing and some people walked away with great presents while others, not so great. I ended up with a book about Kama Sutra. The book was the highlight of the night for a while.
Then to celebrate my birthday we broke open a pinata. Some people can sure get a little crazy with the stick while trying to hit the pinata. Needless to say it was an AWESOME night and I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends here. I wish I could do this every year!

No comments: