Monday, August 4

Happenings

Life in Mexico City continues and here are a couple highlights from the past couple of weeks.

I found a new great album to listen to while running through the streets of Mexico City in the mornings. The album is called Tijuana Sound Machine. The video is pretty darn cool or "chido" as they say here.


I spent a good amount of time the past week or so staining and varnishing some pieces of furniture Vander made me. Its a lot of work and I spent most of my evenings high off the fumes. But I think the pieces turned out pretty well. Rustic was the goal and I think I achieved it.
I have 3 of these bedside tables and the lamps that Vander made go very well with the tables.
The TV stand. I might need to sand it down a bit to make a little bit lighter and it needs a couple door knobs.

I also bought some nice new plants for my house. An orchid for the upstairs bathroom, a large bushy plant for downstairs, and
a lot of geraniums for my deck.

A few blocks from my house is Cineteca Nacional where artsy movies are shown and cafes are filled with intellectual types. A movie ticket costs $4 or $2.50 with my UNAM ID. Beats paying $10 for a movie in the US. I saw the most recent Woody Allen film, Cassandra's Dream.

My friends Maggie and Antonio got a new pug puppy called Lola. I am hoping that Endo and Lola become good friends and Maggie and I can swap dog duties every now and again.

Kimberly Baldwin is coming to visit me in September. We are going to catch a couple stages of the Vuelta a Mexico. It should be a fun adventure and I am looking forward to watching some bike racing again. I am so excited to have a visitor coming!!!!

Well, I am sure many more things happened in the past couple of weeks but this report should do it for now. For those of you back in Colorado enduring the heat wave, the weather here in Mexico City is lovely, low 70's with afternoon rain showers. Feel free to come escape the heat and visit me!

No comments: