Sunday, August 17

El Chupa Cabras - The Best Tacos EVER

Everyday I walk under the Rio Churbusco bridge to get to the metro and then to get home again.
From a distance, it looks like a typical bridge in a large city, which it is.
But under the bridge, is the always packed El Chupa Cabras. One of the supposedly best taco stands in Mexico City. I have resisted stopping to get a taco for 8 months now. I guess I was afraid that they would be soooo good that I would end up eating them all the time and gain 20lbs.
But on Saturday after going for a mountain bike ride, I was starving and had no food in the house. So, I deliberately walked to Chupas Cabras and ordered their specialty, the Chupas taco. It was yummy and all for $0.80. I will probably be stopping by more often but I promise to keep my taco eating under control! Although Chupas is open 24 hrs a day, hmmm.

No comments: