Friday, April 25

Playing Anthropologist

On Tuesday I went on an adventure to Chapultepec Park to find a very specific book at the National Anthropology Museum. You see, about a month ago Vander went to visit his uncle in a remote pueblo in the state of Veracruz. While there he bought me these hard to find handmade Aztec stamps.

Vander had mentioned that he once saw a book at the National Anthropology Museum containing definitions of all the Aztec symbols and figures. On Tuesday morning I got on the metro with the mission of finding the book for him. I was pleasantly surprised to find Chapultepec Park empty on a week day morning and I couldn't help but notice how beautiful the entrance to the park is.
I walked across the park to the National Anthropology Museum. This is the largest museum in Latin America. It would take days to get through the entire museum, which is divided up into 21 different rooms that each describe either a different time period or a different culture of Mexico. The museum is a must see for any visitor in Mexico City.
I found one book while at the museum that contained some of the Aztec symbols and figures but I didn't see the book that Vander was talking about. Although my adventure didn't exactly end up as I expected, I must say that visiting Chapultepec Park on a weekday was well worth the trip.

No comments: