Sunday, April 20

I am still a winner if . . .

1. I trained for 1.5 hours in the past 6 weeks? (It also happened that during those 1.5 hours I was suffering from some stomach problems.)
2. I refuse to put my chamois on more than 30 minutes before the race and decide instead to take a photo of an essential part of every bike race, port-o-potties!?
3. I get to the start line and there are 6 elite women (i.e. pro women) and one experta woman (me) ?
3. Since I am the only one in my category, I stop during the race to take photos of the terrain and myself?
4. I smile for the photographers on the course?
5. I am the only one standing on the podium and I have a huge grin, as if I won the Olympics or something?
Well, I think I am still a winner! I am taking the Mexico City league experta category this year, watch out!

On another note, I have been needing to get my knives sharpened for a while now. I had heard of this guy who rides his bike through the streets blowing a whistle and if you can catch him, he will sharpen your knives. Well, there are so many different whistles, calls, shouts, etc. from people selling stuff in the streets that I was never able to find the whistle of the knife sharpener guy (that is his official title, at least in my book). But yesterday on my way to the grocery store I found him. Check out how he sharpens my knives! How cool is that?
My knives are extremely sharp now. All for $3.00.

3 comments:

Stuart Swineford said...

Hey, a win's a win. I frequently celebrate second place honors when skiing with Luke. I hope you did donuts in the infield and blew kisses during a prolonged victory lap.

~stubert.

kennyk said...

Just like old times huh Meeegan? I love the picture of you alone on the podium. LOL

Anonymous said...

hahahahah... while you were competing i was in surgery! did you miss me?
hehehehe... greetings