Tuesday, March 25

The Rents Visit Continued

Well, my parents are already back in Colorado but I didn't blog enough about their trip so I thought I would post a couple more pictures and tell you about everything we did.

The best way to see any city is to walk around A LOT. We did some great walks in Coyoacan with Endo. Here are my parents outside of the church La Conchita. Built in 1521, this church is thought to be the first Christian building in Mexico City.
We also did a lot of walking in Chapultepec park. We visited the Castillo de Chapultepec as well as the National Anthropology Museum, which is the largest museum in Latin America and is VERY impressive. It would takes days to get through everything in the museum. Below is the view from the Castillo de Chapultepec looking down Reforma with the monument to Niños Héroes, 6 young soldiers that leapt to their death from the United Stated Army rather than surrender in 1847, in foreground and the Angel of Independence barely visible in the background.
Here is my dad and me at the Castillo de Chapultepec.
In addition to the above adventures we also ate a nice dinner in La Condesa on Thursday night. Friday night I invited all my friends over for dinner to meet my parents. On Saturday we went for a nice run where I typically go mtn biking and then we hit up the Saturday art market in San Angel where we also ate a great meal at one of the restaurants on the square. I think that about sums up my parents' visit. It was good to have them here and I wish more people would come visit and see what an incredible city I live in.

No comments: