Wednesday, March 19

The Rents are in the House

Yup, my parents are visiting me. They got in last night and will be here until Sunday morning. Their visit is perfect timing because I don't have to work this week, its Semana Santa, i.e. Spring Break. Today we spent the morning in Coyoacan going for a run in Los Viveros and then took Endo on a walk to the center of Coyoacan. Here are my parents in the center of Coyoacan.
My mom and dad joined Endo in his morning greeting to the coyotes.
We then headed to the Centro Historico. First we grabbed a bite to eat at a very nice restaurant that over looks the Cathedral on the Zocalo.
Next was a visit to Palacio Nacional, which is similar to visiting The White House. In the Palacio Nacional is an incredible mural by Diego Rivera depicting the history of Mexico.
My parents are troopers and put in a good day being tourist in a rather overwhelming city. Between taking the metro, watching protests, breathing in the pollution, and pushing are way through crowds, we are all very tired and are spending the evening enjoying my nice apartment.

No comments: