Tuesday, March 24

Mexico and the War on Drugs

I am sure many of you have been hearing about Mexico and its war on drugs. Some of you have even expressed concern for my safety. The truth is, the majority of people living in Mexico are not affected by the violence being reported in the press. In addition, I think Mexico is receiving a very bad reputation for a problem whose roots are in fact in the US. The editor of a great magazine called Letras Libres (its the Mexican version of The New Yorker I think) wrote an editorial about Mexico and its current state of affairs. I think you should all read it, especially the second to last paragraph.

1 comment:

profe said...

yes, I second that! I sent that article to my family. Check out also this editorial by a US diplomat:

http://mexico.usembassy.gov/eng/Ambassador/eA090305Voice_Reforma.html