Friday, June 27

Driving to Colorado

Caleb and I left Guanajuato mid-day on Tuesday. The plan was to drive to Monterrey Mexico where we would stay the night in order to cross the border in the morning on Wednesday. However, as we approached Monterrey we still had an hour or so of day light left and figured we would just drive the 1.5-2 hours to Nuevo Laredo and cross the border into Laredo, TX. I was a little tentative about crossing the border at night but it turned out that crossing the border was very simple and safe. Caleb and I spent Wednesday and Thursday driving across ALL of Texas, the pan handle of Oklahoma, and the southeastern part of Colorado. Believe it or not, the drive was very beautiful. My favorite part is the wind farms in northern Texas. I love the contrast in the first photo below, oil rigs in the midst of a wind farm. It is pretty cool to see the change from a petroleum state to a renewable energy state so evident. The second photo is just my fascination with wind farms. I find them to be surreal and mesmerizing.

No comments: