Wednesday, May 21

Let's See, What Have I Been Up To?

A few Friday's ago Ivan, Carolina, Sarai, Wolfgang, and I spent our lunch eating all you can eat hard tacos and pazole. Included in the all you can eat is a beer of your choice and a bottle of tequila for the table. Returning to work after such a meal was, well, impossible. We just all hung out instead.
Last weekend I went to Los Dinamos with my friend Victor. I seem to have explored the city more than my friends that are from here. So I get to be the tour guide. After going for an hour long hike, Victor and I enjoyed fresh trout, tacos, soup, beers, and cafe con leche. Mmmmmmm
On Sunday I participated in yet another mtn bike race and WON!!! But this time I had competition. Ok, it was only one other person but I still won. I did manage to crash on a pretty technical decent and I have a nice big bruise on my right butt cheek. I have no pics from the race and I thought posting a photo of my bruise was probably not appropriate.

All this week I have been in a workshop with some German colleagues. We definitely talked about some interesting science and health issues as they relate to Mexico City air pollution. But the best part of the workshop is that is was held at a conference room in UNAM's botanical gardens. I think these gardens are one of the hidden treasures in Mexico City.
Next big adventures on my list are that my bro is coming in a couple weeks and we will be exploring Mexico together. Then I will be heading to Colorado at the end of June to party it up with my parents to celebrate their 35th anniversary and my mom's 60th!!!! I should be in Colorado for about 3 weeks!! I am looking forward to the next couple months for sure.

No comments: