Monday, May 26

The Bolder Boulder

Memorial Day is a big day for The Melamed family because of the Bolder Boulder, a 10K running race in Boulder. The race started 30 years ago and my mom ran in the first Bolder Boulder and has run in every single one since. She is a Bolder Boulder Boldest!! I used to run in the Bolder Boulder myself since I was in third grade but when bike racing took priority, I began to crew for my mom and anyone else in the family who was running. This Memorial Day though, I am in Mexico City at work. I am missing everything there is to miss about the Bolder Boulder. I am especially missing one of my favorite parts, the Air Force fly over and sky divers at Folsom field. Anyway, to all of you running or participating in the Bolder Boulder in some way, I am thinking about you from Mexico City.

3 comments:

Stuart Swineford said...

If the weather in Boulder is anything like up here today, you won't be missing any fly-overs or sky diving. Right now, I can't see across the street from all the low-level clouds.

Looking forward to seeing you in June!


~stubert.

b fisk said...

bad weather all around, but record turn outs. it rained pretty hard during the pros race and sprinkled the entire morning.

just trying to make you feel better about missing it.

Ryanisimo said...

The Bolder Boulder was great!! How is Mexico?? Viva Mexico! Keep on saving the world!