Monday, February 16

The Race Season Has Started!!!

The '09 mountain bike race season in Mexico City began yesterday with a great course on familiar terrain at Las Llantas, where I go mountain biking every Sunday. The pressure to defend my Feminil Experta championship jersey from last year's mountain bike season was almost too much to handle (hahahaha). So, I tired to my hardest to show up to the race Erin Huck/Megan Melamed style, which means getting to the start line just in time with no warm up. Problem here is that nothing starts on time so I had more than enough time to sit around and wait for the start. Normally the race has between 1 to 3 women in my category. But yesterday, there were 5 women!!! The outcome?
Yup, that is me in first place. One race down and about 7 more to go in order to defend my title.
But really, the best part of racing is the friends I have made. These women have been super nice to me and I love being part of the racing scene here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan, is very different to do races between a bunch of unknown people and a race between friends. You will always be competing within friends here in Mexico. And is an honor to be behind your wheel in races eating all the dust...hehehehe. (mmmm...hope someday that will change) After Two races, one last year before i had my surgery, and this race ( sunday )
score is: USA 1 - MEX 1
Your friend Mariely